Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Day

It's true, it's true
We can break through
Though torn in two
We can be one
I will begin again...


From 'New Years Day' by U2


Since I don't care to frontload my failures, I don't make resolutions.

I am a contemplative sort, though, so I took a bit of time to consider the year gone by.

Hmm. I'd better keep looking forward.

There are good things ahead. The Obama inaugural is just 19 days away, and though he has so much he needs to accomplish (and even more he needs to undo) on this quest for the more perfect union, I'm just thrilled by the thought of soon having a man with an excellent command of language and a detail-oriented, complex and inquiring mind.

I look forward to seeing what he has to say when I come across him on television, rather than changing the channel as quickly as my fingers are able.

After eight years, I think my remote control could use the rest.

Have something to say to the President-Elect and his team? Check out Change.gov, the official site of the Obama-Biden Transition Team.

Though torn in two, we can be one.

Looks like a good day to begin again.

No comments: